I am currently accepting books for review consideration on The Overweight Bookshelf. I review primarily Inspirational fiction and its contained genres, but I do consider book pitches from the mainstream fiction market. Please read the following carefully before submitting a review inquiry as it is assumed that you have familiarized yourself with the review policy.
1. I cannot guarantee a review if a book is sent unsolicited. If you would like your book reviewed by a specific date, please contact me first for scheduling. All unsolicited books will be reviewed at my discretion.
2. I participate in blog tours with the understanding that I will post a personal review in conjunction with the supplied promotional material. 30 days notice is required for book tours.
3. In addition to hard copy books, I also accept PDF eBook files.
4. Review Books and Advance Reader Copies (ARC) will never be sold. Occasionally review books will be donated or given away.
6. If you are submitting a review inquiry, please include the following information
- Title, Author, Publisher
- Preferred Review Dates
I accept inquiries for books in the following categories:
- Inspirational/Christian Fiction (historical, contemporary, romance, chick-lit, women’s fiction, literary, mystery/suspense, thriller, Amish, fantasy, paranormal, YA)
- Mainstream Fiction (contemporary, chick-lit, romances, historical, suspense, mystery, women’s)
- Literary Fiction
I occasionally accept inquiries for books in the following categories:
- Self Published Books
- Creative Non-Fiction
I DO NOT accept inquiries for books in the following categories:
- Children’s Books
- YA novels directed to an audience younger than 16
- Following Mainstream Categories: Science Fiction, Horror, Fantasy, Paranormal
Blogging With Integrity
Many of the books reviewed on The Overweight Bookshelf or on my Goodreads account were sent to me for review purposes. I clearly indicate if a book was sent to me below the book rating. Please be assured that all opinions and reviews are my own and I will not be influenced by a working relationship with authors, publishers, marketers, or PR representatives.
In 2010, I implemented a rating system. All books I review are assigned a number in accordance with how much I enjoyed the book. This system is on a 10 point scale with half points assigned if a book is situated between two ratings. This scale is not intended to be malicious or mean spirited; it is simply a comprehensive tool to relate to my readers how much I enjoyed a book. My rating scale is located at the bottom of every page so readers can conveniently reference a book’s rating.
Please submit all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or through this contact form. I will not respond to inquiries posted as a blog comment.
Thank you for your interest!