Life has natural and surprising ebbs and flows. For me, 2016 was a year of ebbs that hindered the volume of reading and frequency of blogging that had become a norm for me over the past few years. For this reason, the books that stood out in 2016 made even more of an impression because they managed to assert their presence in the fog of busyness and distraction. There are still numerous titles on my 2016 reading list that I will happily carry over to the New Year. Sidenote: I need to keep better track of the books I read on Goodreads!
I’d love to know what your favourite books of 2016 were, so feel free to list them below or link to your own blog posts. Wishing you and your families a happy and blessed New Year!
Here is my list in no particular order:
- The Feathered Bone by Julie Cantrell
- The End of the World by Amy Matayo
- A Portrait of Emily Price by Katherine Reay
- Newton and Polly by Jody Hedlund
- The Ringmaster’s Wife by Kristy Cambron
- Told you Twice by Kristen Heitzmann
- Intermission by Serena Chase
- My Hope Next Door by Tammy L Gray
- From This Moment by Elizabeth Camden
- I’ll Be Yours by Jenny B Jones
- Jesus Calling Devotional by Sarah Young
As a woman who can not stick with a devotional after a few days, this one has been a huge success! I actually look forward to my morning devotionals and feel so encouraged and ministered to by this one. I have recommended it to anyone who will listen.