This started out as a “Top 13 of 2013″ post. Early on I recognized the futility of a Top 10, but the additional 3 did not prevent the inevitable head banging. I hate numbers. I’m ditching the 13 (psh, it’s unlucky anyways) and simply sharing the books that I loved this year. These are books that have resonated with me profoundly and impressed me with the calibre of writing, character and plot development, and provocative message.
In no particular order:
- Dear Mr Knightley by Katherine Reay
- Love’s Awakening (The Ballantyne Legacy #2) by Laura Frantz (review to come)
- Barefoot Summer (Chapel Spring #1) by Denise Hunter
- Burning Sky by Lori Benton (review to come)
- Return to Me (The Restoration Chronicles #1) by Lynn Austin
- To Whisper Her Name (Belle Meade Plantation #1) by Tamara Alexander
- Shattered (Alaskan Courage #2) by Dani Pettrey
- Talon (A Breed Apart #2) by Ronie Kendig
- Rebellious Heart by Jody Hedlund (review to come)
- Into the Whirlwind by Elizabeth Camden
- If the Shoe Fits by Sandra D. Bricker
- The Ryn by Serena Chase
- Baroness by Susan May Warren
- The Tutor’s Daughter by Julie Klassen
- Beowulf (A Breed Apart #3) by Ronie Kendig
- Born of Persuasion (Price of Privilege #1) by Jessica Dotta
- The Doctor’s Lady by Jody Hedlund (review to come)
- A Noble Groom by Jody Hedlund (review to come)
If you have a favourites post on your blog, link it below so I can add to my ever growing ‘Must Reads’ list. And while you’re at it, why not consider nominating your favourite for an Inspy Award?
Happy New Year to you all and God bless you and your families in 2014!